/gkit levels update needs changing

Discussion in 'General' started by __Chrono, Jan 12, 2019 at 8:12 AM.

?

What should be done about this new update?

1. Do nothing - I like it the way it is right now

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. I like the idea in the post - make it more fair and less P2W

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. Nothing could fix this - I want to see a complete return to the old system

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  4. Other - I have an idea not shown here (comment what it is)

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. __Chrono

__Chrono Member
    Vulcan+

Hi everyone,

This is my first forum post, in fact I made my account just to say what I'm about to say. I just want to start off by saying that I think making the old kits heroic and reducing flare costs, as well as the random gkit in the store, are all good things. This is not a hate post, I like cosmic prisons a lot, and after 700 hours in one season invested I would hate to see it die.

People have been noticing that prisons is slipping into more P2W territory with recent updates, and while I don't support this it was fine until now. But enough is enough. I think people have two main issues with the way this update was implemented, and again I do think this update could be well done.

The first problem is that people who have already got gkits have essentially been robbed of something they paid for or earned. The amount worse that kits have gotten at level 0 with this update is ridiculous. I'm sure in the terms and conditions somewhere it says that cosmic have the right to take away things people paid for, but that doesn't make anyone feel any better. It would be fine to make the extra levels better than the original. It is not fine, however, to take away something players have already earned and make them spend more time or money to get the same exact thing back.

The second problem is that the extra levels are not permanent. This is a massive deal. People buy gkits and try to get the because it is a permanent thing that you will get value from (unless they are made far worse by an update). If the extra levels stayed, it would be slightly easier to stomach, although many would still be forced to spend more or lose existing money spent. However, the fact that they reset every season is a purely P2W element that was not needed whatsoever and makes this unacceptable as an update to this game we all want so badly to be a fun experience.

Now, enough of the rant, after all, there's no point complaining and not offering a solution. Here's mine: firstly, make the difference between the levels smaller, so that level 0 is not borderline theft of money already spent. Then, make the levels stay permanently so that people don't have to spend upwards of $500 to get the same thing they had earned before. Then we can move on from there.

I will attach a poll to see what everyone thinks of various solutions below.

I'm well aware I might get a lot of crap for this post, but as long as someone in charge gets this issue brought to their attention, that's fine by me. If you're still here thanks for reading and have a great day.

__Chrono

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kevin0808

Kevin0808 Well-Known Member
    Sahara II Vulcan Oak Pioneer

That's the whole point. They just don't care.

• RIP RIP x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I_AM_DUTCH

I_AM_DUTCH Well-Known Member
    Sapling Supreme Vulcan

i agree 100% procreant with what he is saying but with the levelling of gikts i think it should be you have a change of it levelling every time you do the gkit or get rid of the levels

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Kevin0808

Kevin0808 Well-Known Member
    Sahara II Vulcan Oak Pioneer

Just look at cosmicpvp and rewind 6 months ago the updates from there and then become the updates of today on cosmicprisons. They didn't get rid of it there, they sure as heck won't here.

Now they are coming up with Legacy cosmicpvp, going back to the old way. I'm sure you will have to rebuy your old ranks for the new planet. This is why they get so many quits.

Nothing will change, never has with cosmic.

• RIP RIP x 2
  5. Tryhxrd_

Tryhxrd_ Member
    Sahara I Ash

+1 Please go old system

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BabyCroc

BabyCroc Well-Known Member
    Sahara III Vulcan+ Noble

I like the different levels of the gkit on the old gkits but i don't know why they did it for the new ones too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. __Chrono

__Chrono Member
    Vulcan+

EDIT: thanks for all of the votes and comments, hopefully some staff are able to see this.