A Minor Rant.

Discussion in 'General' started by TMarioC, Jan 10, 2019 at 2:30 PM.

1. TMarioC

TMarioC Well-Known Member
    Spruce Emperor Magma Martian

Cosmic prisons is currently in a rather dead state. The current style of game rewards immense dedication with resonable satisfaction, and some dedication with very minimal progress.

My first point is that the current time required to reach the high tiers is incredibly high. Level 100 takes dozens and dozens of hours to reach, nevermind the huge nrg cost to make the time even close to resonable. if you tried to reach level 100 with the current exp amount without ANY p2w you would literally have to dedicate your life to the server. That ISNT RIGHT. I understand this server is a grind, its meant to be but you can't have competition when 5% of the server population is above level 100.

Furthermore the current exp volumes is based off of previous attempts to slow down the Extreme Minorities Rapid Progression. Now that this is no longer an issue (Daily levelcap start of map) this INSANELY HIGH exp requirement needs to be brought down. I want to see a prison where casual players can compete on the same tier of tryhards, but are at a disadvantage with the amount of gear you can aquire. Imagine the situation where you have 3 Tryhard groups fighting each other with Top Tier gear, they mine a LOT and gain enough nrg to make maximum efficiency and damage dealing sets, While the other players have to use inefficient gkit or demi gear because they spend less time. Mining constantly, although able to boost your ability to do other things (Quests, events, pvp, raid) should not determine whether players are able to have a CHANCE to compete with you. Skill, Numbers, Tactics should be the deciding factors, not the fact that your gang members haven't all spent 100 Hours mining just to use diamond.

My suggested change is heavily reducing exp. Revert the recent changes (+40% Exp required at levels 50-106, +25% 30-50) and FURTHER REDUCE the exp from 30-60 by another 15%. People should quickly ascend to Iron Gear if they put significant effort into mining. Also perhaps add Pvp,event,raid,quest,challenge based boosters that Speed up mining. (Completing 50% of your quests will give you a Temporary Mining speed/exp boost, For the first hour of a day your online you recieve 25% more exp ect)

While targeting casual players is a way to reduce a skill gap it is DEFINITELY a way to keep a game popular, this would idealy bring some much needed competition and liveliness to this game, which ive loved and been apart of for the past 2 Years. This is probably my last passing message and a cry to the staff to do something about this game which i have invested so much in.

Goodbye all, Hope you have a good day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. TMarioC

Boosting, no one seems to have looked at it

3. TatorCheese

TatorCheese Well-Known Member
    Noble

Personally, I think Cosmic is in a good state (minus the P2W). But yes. The XP. Like you said, getting to 100 rn basically means devoting your life to it. Also, I think Cosmic Prisons is suffering because the time it takes to get to 30 is really long to the point new players think of it as a waste of time. XP to 30 should be like 4-7 hrs max (then the long grind can start) also like you said, better sets need to be more accessible to players with no gkits, allowing more people to pvp than those who paid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. FierceFireWolf

Sahara V

I agree with some of this, however I have never p2wed and am 106, most gkits, rank V. But that did take a lot of time + effort to get. Maybe introducing boosters if u raid someone etc would help

5. BabyCroc

BabyCroc Well-Known Member
    Sahara III Vulcan+ Noble

I went completely free to play on sahara map 4 even starting late and i still became a top player so i don't think p2w is as big of a problem as people say it is but i understand why people complain

6. TMarioC

Im not really complaining that much about the p2w, I've got a lot of gkits as well as my rank just be playing for a long time but i just feel like the game has to be played tryhard to be able to be fun, and i just dont want to have to devote my time to a game to make it enjoyable, and it hurts me that thats the case because i do really love prisons.