Easier access to rules? More warnings less Perma-Bans.

Discussion in 'General' started by Tryhxrd_, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Tryhxrd_

Tryhxrd_ Member
    Sahara I Ash

So as you may know Cosmic Prisons as any other server has rules. And they are normally found on the forums of the server. But something that stands out to me is that many other servers don't perma-ban on first offence they give a temporary ban. Now Cosmic Perma-Bans practically all players on first-offence. The issue with this is that most players new to Cosmic don't usually check the rules all the way in the forums. One of my friends actually was banned a while ago was banned from AFK mining ( was present but that's another argument ), but the point of the example is that he had not looked at the rules as they were not easily accessible. And to make another point Cosmic I think is First offence banning people bc they want them to pay to be unbanned but...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Evoids

Evoids Active Member
    Ra Divergent Imperial

As you may know, the server has increased with toxicity and unfair advantage’s more so then usual. And don’t give me wrong I totally agree with you but, I would recommend only doing this to certain rules, Because more severe rules that people break such as a DDOS/DOX Threat, or a straight hacker. Do not deserve any kind of warn in my opinion. Maybe like some of the smaller rules that aren’t so dangerous would recommend this to. Also If I’m right, I’m not sure if you’re talking about the in game rules, but if you are that can also be reached by doing /Help In game under the Category rules.

3. Tryhxrd_

Tryhxrd_ Member
    Sahara I Ash

With the rule warnings im saying that with like the AFK mining because most ppl don't know that and I think they should get a warning

4. Evoids

Evoids Active Member
    Ra Divergent Imperial

Yeah, with that specific rule I do agree. But I'd suggest you re-post this in Suggestions -> https://www.cosmicprisons.com/forum/index.php?forums/6/

5. ThatJadamMan

ThatJadamMan Active Member
    Sahara V Ash Pioneer

I mean the if you can tell me in common sense why you should gain an advantage over players is fair then I’ll listen but /rules is there and you can also make your way to the forums? There are also staff I understand there is a lack of staff at some times but I personally think that all perma ban rules are self explaintory and clearly stated in /rules which has been there since I’ve played back in February 2017

6. Freqing

Freqing Member
    Scoria Majesty

Honestly, all non shiva blacklisted mod/clients should not be perma ban 1st offence. if it's a repeat, then it should be perma. DOX/DDOS should be a nounban as it is a serious offece that is against US Federal law, so you shouldn't joke about it. However, accidental breakages of the rules on /rules should be treated as a warning signal, like 30 days. Not perma ban which leaves the player confused.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tryhxrd_

Tryhxrd_ Member
    Sahara I Ash

I completely agree

8. Cocanie

Cocanie Well-Known Member
    Spruce Underling Vulcan

or Just msg a staff member

9. BabyCroc

BabyCroc Well-Known Member
    Sahara III Vulcan+ Noble

I think the rules are easily accessible but they might need an update

10. FierceFireWolf

Sahara V

Rules can be seen by a simple /rules in game, and I'm fairly sure that a link to the rules is shown as you level up 1-10