Updated: Lending Command

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GetInThareBaer, Nov 5, 2018.

1. GetInThareBaer

Supreme Spruce Ulterior Ash

Hello, I have a suggestion that could be game changing. This suggestion would be lending. How it would work is as follows. For example, Player one wants to let someone use his pick axe but wants to make sure he doesn't get scammed. Player one uses /lend (insert IGN) than a player interface appears. While in said interface if you click on an item in your inventory (only a tool or piece of armor) it put's it into the box. Than there would be a time box that let's you put in an allotted amount of time in which the player can choose how long he wants to lend said item than there would be and ACCEPT BUTTON which when clicked gives the player the item. While the player, who is borrowing the item, has said item it can't be place into a pv or tinkered or traded or dropped. If the player who's borrowing the item dies in some way, the item that was being borrowed would immediately lose any whitescroll it had (and if it had no whitescroll would drop the item) but if the item was whitescrolled, would immediately be returned to the owners (/lend claim) interface in which he can reclaim it. If, however, the player who is borrowing the item no-longer wants to have it/use it he can do /lend return (insert IGN). If you have any PM me thank you for your time and God Bless and have a great day!

2. ENGL4ND

ENGL4ND Well-Known Member
    Ash

This suggestion sounds useful for players who want to lend picks and gear to another player. I was going to say it could be abused as I started to read the suggestion but you clarified how dieing and dropping etc. would work
    +1 and well worded suggestion my friend.

3. Herobrine64

Herobrine64 Well-Known Member
    Supreme

+1
    I like it! Maybe have a price per hour that the pick can be lent for? That would be cool

4. Cilantro33

Cilantro33 Active Member
    Sapling Noble

5. ArizonaNoodle

ArizonaNoodle Well-Known Member
    Ra Emperor Martian

I didn’t even know you still played

6. CraftStarOr123

CraftStarOr123 Alpha Tester II
    Alpha Tester II Ash Emperor Oak

People will just abuse it and get an alt to kill them so they can keep the item. If it would return to its owner people would abuse it and get an alt to lend them all their stuff so they can die without losing anything, making it so nobody will get gset kills as they will keep their gear on death.

7. ArizonaNoodle

ArizonaNoodle Well-Known Member
    Ra Emperor Martian

What do you mean get an alt to kill them? I’m not going to say what you are saying is wrong I just don’t understand

8. GetInThareBaer

Craftstar your wrong dude don't you get how item dropping works you have to read and comprehend that if the lended item doesn't have a whitescroll it gets dropped on the groud but if it has a whitescroll it gets put into the owners /lend reclaim
    also you shouldn't generally be lending an item that's not whitescrolled this counteracts your theory proving it wrong i thought of the possibilites of exploits already

9. GetInThareBaer

Craftsstar also another faulty thing about your theory is that armor and weapons can't be whitescrolled to protect items on death the mechanics of the white scroll in the process in which the item coding allows such a thing is only for books destroy rate on armor or weapons. In conclusion the whitescrolls do NOT protect armor or weapons on death. Also you really shouldn't be lending your item without a whitescroll like ENGL4ND said.

10. Freqing

Freqing Member
    Noble

+1, i guess

11. CraftStarOr123

As you said, whitescrolls don't affect gear in these cases making it very easy to abuse. This is just not needed, if you don't trust the player then don't give them your stuff...

12. GetInThareBaer

Craftstar you don't get that this system is a prevention of scamming command. It's also so you can lend stuff to gang members and there are levels of trust FYI. there isn't just I trust you so i give you everything you are forgetting that also which messes with your theory as a whole. There's a difference between i trust you with my pick and I trust you with my cell. I have friends who I can trust completely and the others I trust but just not at the same level as the one i trust most further proving my point of trust levels disproving your point as a whole.

13. NotCanary

NotCanary Active Member
    Vulcan Explorer

14. ENGL4ND

Ash

O: hes probably trying to scam and doesnt like this

15. Midkip

Midkip Well-Known Member
    Sahara I Ash Birch Emperor Martian

my guy gear would be dropped as normal since the whitescrolls dont affect them in the same way as picks meaning that if you die with gear while it is being lent it will drop upon death as normal

16. ENGL4ND

Ash

Uh reread what craft said and then look at what you said....

17. Noahhhhhhh

Noahhhhhhh Alpha Tester II
    Alpha Tester II Sahara IV Supreme Ash

-1 Although the idea is cool, I’d rather the staff spend their time elsewhere such as fixing Gkit-Set PvP.

18. CraftStarOr123

Thats exactly what I said .-. You can just get an alt to kill you and then you keep the gear.

no

I get that you trust some people more than others, but if you don't trust them enough to use a certain item then you don't have to give it to them. Also alot of the time people lend others stuff like energy money or xp if they need to buy something urgently, and this lend command will work only with a small area of lending your friends stuff, making it less usefull.

As I said before, if someone is under a certain level of trust then you shouldn't give it to them. If I barely played with someone for a few weeks, I might let them borrow small stuff like a mil or 2 cash, a lvl 30 gold pick, etc. while if I have been playig with someone for a year I might give him some satchels or my p5 pick...
    If you don't trust someone enough to lend something to him, then don't lend it.

19. PURP3L_SHEP

PURP3L_SHEP Member
    Plutonian Noble

only thing i would add is that only white scrolled picks can be traded and maby whitescrolls on gear might come out with this update

20. GoHomePalms

GoHomePalms Active Member
    Magma

+1

Would be cool if the Item got returned to the Lent Item Owner, if the person they lent it to looses the Pick with a whitescroll.