A little tweak to staff apps.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ItsMeFrosted, Jul 12, 2018.

?

Good idea?

1. Yeah! I want staff too!

2. Nah! I hate staff members and I don't wanna be one

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ItsMeFrosted

ItsMeFrosted Active Member
    Sahara II Scoria Spruce Emperor

As many of you know, staff is like really hard to get and it takes a very long time. If you don't know that, you've been living under a rock.

So basically it takes so long to know if you have been accepted or rejected. For example, someone could've applied 7 months ago and not even get a response. And another thing many of you may know is that you are not allowed to reapply if you have not gotten a response saying that you're rejected.

I feel like, you should be able to just reapply in a certain amount of time without getting a message that says you're rejected. *do staff even read staff apps anymore?*

This gives us a chance to actually make our application stand out more so we have more chance to get accepted. I rarely see anyone get accepted for staff. When did Nick and Ryan get accepted? Wasn't it 2017? And now @En7o got accepted. That was more than 7 months for a new staff member.

I don't think I made sense but I hope you get what I mean. I feel like some of the staff barely do their jobs or they don't even get on. We need more active staff. That's why I made this post.

To sum up (for the dummies, no offense) I'm basically saying after, maybe 45 days, after you applied and haven't gotten a response, you can apply again. And you're previous application just gets deleted.

If you agree, put a +1 in the comments.
    If you don't agree, put a -1 in the comments and put why.
    If you party agree, put a +.5 in the comments and put why.
    If you partly disagree, put a -.5 in the comments and put why.

2. ViroFreeze

ViroFreeze Active Member
    Spruce Ash

They don’t deny applications because it would take unnecessary time to do that. Also you sound like a 10 year old that just wants to get staff. I also don’t see why you feel the need to reapply every 45 days.

3. Ryan_the_Boss_10

Ryan_the_Boss_10 Moderator
    Moderator Alpha Tester I Sahara III Ash Emperor Oak

insane,jerb,stevie,kap,daddynickk, and probably more

also they look at apps all the time

4. CrystalFar

CrystalFar Alpha Tester II
    Alpha Tester II Sahara III Supreme Vulcan Elder Pioneer

and by the way @ItsJerb became a helper on March 19th, so a bit under 4 months.

5. ItsMeFrosted

oh yeah forgot about them, but still 4 months is a quite bit of time

6. ItsMeFrosted

Because if an application is old, they can't find it. Thus, you never get a reply. Btw Im 11 xD

7. ItsMeFrosted

Then i don't find why they cant just put 1 word DENIED

8. CrystalFar

Then i don't find why you cant just put it all into one message.

top kek @ViroFreeze
    hes 11 lmao

9. CraftStarOr123

CraftStarOr123 Alpha Tester II
    Alpha Tester II Ash Emperor Oak

There are many staff apps being sent, and only a few get accepted. They only reply to it if you got accepted, as it takes too much time to deny every single app that is being sent. They reset the staff apps twice a year. Once its been reset you can resubmit an application.

10. CrystalFar

Not really, its easy to deny.
    The reasoning is because the opinion on an applicant may change. For example, Enzo applied months ago but was not accepted until now. That is most likely because the staff team's opinion on him, the applicant, has changed.
    I could be wrong but just a hunch.

11. ItsJerb

ItsJerb Moderator
    Moderator Sahara IV Emperor Explorer Magma Martian

We read through them pretty regularly! For most people it may come as a surprise that we want more staff members :p
    I’m coming up on 4 months as being Helper and I’m on almost every day for 6+ hours doing what I can to answer people’s questions and keeping Celestial checked on (most toxic planet needs to managed amirite?). Sure we have some inactive members but we all have personal lives like the rest of us. Yes it’s been a while since we’ve had a new member, but there’s always a reason behind a decision :)
    We reset staff applications for a couple main reasons. Some people become inactive and don’t play anymore, and it gives people another chance to redo their application and revise it to make it stand out. I made 2 staff applications on here before I felt like I was mature enough to become staff and handle the position. I hope that gave some clarification. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. JadeMuse

JadeMuse Well-Known Member

As a 19 year old, it isn't uncommon for a business to deny or ignore applications. It means you do not have the networking or support for them to consider you or the skills necessary to perform the job. Trying to bypass that process is unreasonable as their staff applications are private property of their business and is not up to public debate.

13. JadeMuse

As much as I would like to be staff, I have neither the RAM to support Minecraft or the playing skills to qualify. At most, I would be a helper on the forums to answer questions, and appeals. Being autistic and able to notice details, ban team might be suitable but I doubt that they would trust me with it.
    In summary, I would love to apply and help but feel I lack the skill or qualifications to fulfill the job.

14. ItsJerb

ItsJerb Moderator

Apply then! It’s always worth the shot! What do you have to lose anyway?

15. JadeMuse

time. I currently work 8-4 every day. I am also leaving for 2 years for an LDS mission in October. However, I shall attempt an application nonetheless.

16. JadeMuse

Oh, I can't honestly submit an application without having played, which I have not. So, rather than submit one, I am going to make a suggestion right now to expand the application areas.

17. ItsMeFrosted

?
    and there's a problem with me being 11?
    u were 11 at some point in ur life plus ur only 13 we only have like a 1-2 year difference since im turning 12 next month

18. ItsMeFrosted

Okay okay. Enough with your life story xD. If they check staff apps regularly then why do you never get a response on it? It says when you're applying you can't reapply until you have been rejected + 1 month. I feel like they should just change it to 1 application a reset or something. (app reset not planet reset.) if they are not going to respond and put one word. Question: What happens if you do get accepted anyways?

19. ItsJerb

ItsJerb Moderator

We may not respond to them but we still look at them. When you get accepted you get pulled into an interview. That’s all I can say.

20. CraftStarOr123

CraftStarOr123 Alpha Tester II
    Alpha Tester II Ash Emperor Oak

You will know it if you get accepted :)