Balance Guards

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ThatTacoMan, Jul 7, 2018.

1. ThatTacoMan

ThatTacoMan Well-Known Member
    Sahara V Elder Pioneer

From the first minute of raiding being active I could tell instantly that raiding was unbalanced, guards do way too much damage in total. Guard damage needs to be reduced drastically before raiding cells becomes possible as currently there is countless designs that can make your cell unraidable.

All you need is a guard with max damage and enough range to create an area at the door where you overlap 3 or more guards defending that door meaning as a raider tries to go through the door they HAVE to kill all 3 guards at the SAME time. From what my gang on Sahara found if you're in a max iron set fighting 4-5 guards with max damage at the same time you die within 3-5 seconds so thats the time of going to the door to fight and then running out however if you're lucky you can get 2-3 hits off then survive on 2 hearts and thats only on the odd occasion AND keep in mind this is while you're in a max set. We attempted the raid with 15-20 players all having 30+ iron sets which is more than a full gang and in all honestly a raid shouldn't take more than 10-15 players.

We've forwarded this issue to slayer yet he believes its possible still, telling us that you need numbers which is absurd as we had 20 people there and once we show him a video to prove it its then you need to target 1 guard at a time. To be told this by the head admin is ridiculous as it shows how little he knows about his own system that he just implemented and spent months testing. It is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to fight 1 at a time when 4 or more cover the doorway and in this cell there was (I think) 9 in total defending it and we couldn't even stay in long enough for all 9 to get to the door. This update was made and tested for 1 guard at a time not multiple by the looks and sounds of it, every one of my concerns with it has been with players being able to make areas where multiple guards defend 1 point and I was told that wouldn't be possible, they were incredibly wrong. I think the staff need to take the feedback from the players who do the most raiding and spend the most time raiding ALL tier cells more to mind and listen to them instead of listening to the overall typical player who doesn't raid at all or raids T5's who has an opinion on how it should be but in reality knows nothing of how it would work as they have never raided on large scales.

I know people are probably going to say ways to counter this will come out in time ect but as someone who has spent 2 full seasons on Sahara planet doing nothing but raiding and has arguably the best knowledge on raiding out of all players on Sahara I will say there is no way that raiding, without damage nerfs or making it so guards cannot overlap range, will be possible. Which is clear from the fact that you take 5+ hearts of damage every hit when 3-5 guards are on you at once, when these guards are covering an area that you cannot get around to fighting 1 guard at a time as well It makes it Physically impossible to raid T2's and below with max damage guards.

I will be more than happy to join TS and explain in further detail and show examples of this and show you demonstrations to prove im not over exaggerating to any staff member who wants to challenge the legitimacy of what I've said.

2. Daylen00

Daylen00 Helper
    Helper Sahara V Explorer

3. Fishely

Fishely Active Member
    Sahara V

4. IamKao

IamKao Well-Known Member
    Sahara II Overlord Elder Emperor Magma Martian

I bested a lvl 30 guard with a lvl 20 diamond sword and a lvl 25 set, so guards alone you can take down, but overlapping guards should not be allowed unless there is more than one person attacking the guard.

5. Jollyelf

Jollyelf Well-Known Member
    Imperial

6. Daylen00

Daylen00 Helper
    Helper Sahara V Explorer

Rand

7. ENGL4ND

ENGL4ND Well-Known Member
    Ash

In lvl 30 dia guards do 2 hearts per so ye +1

8. ThatTacoMan

Sahara V Elder Pioneer

Just to clarify for you two and anyone else confused I'm talking about T2's and below with guards that have max damage. I've tested VIP's and T1's and I think they're balanced, they're harder and deal more damage but they're balanced and still possible with guards being stacked. A T2 on the other hand isn't I wouldn't suggest you testing this yourself unless you dominate the iron set scene on your planet and you know no one is in the cell you're testing as theres a high possibility you'll die as they do an absurd amount of damage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. GirlofGolden

GirlofGolden Member
    Sahara III Pioneer

+1

• Savage Savage x 1
  10. ThatGriefMan

ThatGriefMan New Member
    Sahara II

11. xXx_SuperGod_xXx

xXx_SuperGod_xXx Active Member
    Emperor Martian Pioneer

+1 they need to be rebalanced, all this has done is make all cells bigger as b4 the update if you had sufficient guard gear cells could still be unraidable.

12. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member
    Sahara I Ash Birch Emperor Pioneer

13. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member
    Sahara I Ash Birch Emperor Pioneer

Gaurd Ai Also needs to be fixed a lot of issues with the guards exiting the cells

14. BeepBeepZoop

BeepBeepZoop New Member
    Sahara V Overlord Elder

actually this is wrong, i had a vip with all maxed sets and lvl 50+ lucky4 swords and 4 maxed axes, all they do is raid until the gear is broken, then put the guards into kill mode and bam raid is done, it takes longer to do this but this was broken. I agree the t2 guards are pretty op rn as iron gear isnt nearly as tanky as diamond

15. ThatTacoMan

Sahara V Elder Pioneer

didn't get then on kill mode btw ;)

16. BeepBeepZoop

BeepBeepZoop New Member
    Sahara V Overlord Elder

well the first raid the gear was like 15 with 30-40 swords, the 2nd raid literally 8 guards were naked cuz i lost all my sets :p and i was talking about ulu in that post when xrawr got salty i stopped a raid on zercons cell so they raided me next XD

17. xXx_SuperGod_xXx

xXx_SuperGod_xXx Active Member
    Emperor Martian Pioneer

Works but takes like twice as long, and if none of your gang members or truces logged on during this time you might want to try get better truces or more active gang members.

So technically my theory is still correct xD

18. ENGL4ND

Ash

Ehhh five had max gear and there were 4 of us protecting but we couldn’t stop them as they were 20 people (vip raid)

19. ENGL4ND

Ash

Five= divi
    Stupid auto correct

20. BlueKnight04

BlueKnight04 Active Member
    Spruce Imperial Plutonian Pioneer

Aw Love no.
    VIP and max, and all cells are sopos to be a gang and truce effort. If one player can solo raid a guard, amagean what a 50 person truceship will raid like

• Agree Agree x 1