A New AH! Set Buy ORDERS!?

Discussion in 'Archived Suggestions' started by Yesty, May 4, 2018.

?

Are Buy Orders a good idea?

1. Meh.

20.0%
  2. YES!

60.0%
  3. NO!

10.0%
  4. Yes, with some changes.

10.0%
  5. No, just no...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yesty

Yesty Member
    Plutonian Noble

So anyone familiar with stocks or trading would know that you could set buy orders. So this suggestion is to add either another ah or just a new menu in the ah. You could only set buy orders on things like nrgy, gens, gkits, and dust (basically anything minus enchants and enchanted items).

To start the transaction you will need to /withdraw some money.
    You would post the buy order with /ah order and then a organized to certain sections (can be certain items at 1st),
    select the item you want to buy and then type how much you want to pay per item.
    then select the money note from your inventory which would make it go to the ah sign saying your order maximum (only works if u have enuff money).
    it would stay for as long as your rank lets u ah things
    t1 1hr
    t2 2hr
    t5 12hr.
    Thats it basically... any suggestions welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Herobrine64

Herobrine64 Well-Known Member
    Supreme

+1 an original twist on the age-old AH! Love it!

3. Captainnn

Captainnn Well-Known Member
    Sahara IV Vulcan Overlord Birch Emperor Martian

4. PancakeKingg

PancakeKingg Member
    Scoria Spruce

I don't fully understand

5. CraftStarOr123

CraftStarOr123 Alpha Tester II
    Alpha Tester II Ash Emperor

I think what he means is that you will have a section in the AH where instead of SELLING items, you put up an offer to BUY an item. This means you put up a certain amount of money on the AH and choose an item. You write how much will you pay per item. When you go back to a safezone, you will receive those items that you bought from it. It is just a way so people will be able to buy stuff that isn't currently on AH, and will make sellers lives easier (will also give some quick cash for those that need it xd)

6. Yesty

Yesty Member
    Plutonian Noble

What CraftStarOr123 said.

7. PancakeKingg

PancakeKingg Member
    Scoria Spruce

8. CD001

CD001 Active Member
    Imperial Divergent

+1 love the idea slicing things up

9. EmanBoi

EmanBoi Member
    Imperial Divergent

Nice this would be pretty cool

10. Baffless

Baffless Member
    Ash Emperor Martian

+0.5 this would be a cool idea to implement, however, I feel like there is no need for that since, the majority of the time, there are items on the ah of which you would like to purchase.

11. PancakeKingg

PancakeKingg Member
    Scoria Spruce

If something isn't up you could use it to get the thing you want .

12. Yesty

Yesty Member
    Plutonian Noble

Sure but the prices always range from what ppl pay. This can close the gap and help even out the prices for example on the ah there can be nrgy for 5.0 (active listing) and on the buy orders someone can be buying nrgy for 4.0 (active buy order). People can get quick money if they need it or just try to sell it for a bit more on the ah rather than to an order.

13. Sal__

Sal__ Well-Known Member
    Sahara V Vulcan Overlord Elder Emperor Martian YouTuber

Maybe I'm just bad, but I read your suggestion several times over and cannot correctly get a full understanding of the idea. If you wouldn't mind explaining some more, I'd love to hear and give you my opinion! :)

14. Yesty

Yesty Member
    Plutonian Noble

Maybe a bit late but here it goes @Sal__
    Basically sometimes if a planet is not very active it becomes difficult to purchase items from ah because so few people list items. If there were a way to make buy requests and putting money in the ah to make an order people that have an item can sell the item easily without having to list in ah and hope it sells. They can sell to someone that has made a purchase request.
    For example if you made a purchase order of 10million dollars to buy nrgy at a certain rate and yours was the highest price (highest rate) in the buy portion, people who want to sell nrgy can just auto sell to you rather than listing for extremely cheap if noone wants to buy nrgy or waiting a long time. This can be done with different items that have specific item ID's like plain gear or WS, BS, or even gens and crude ore. Ah is built for sellers, and buy orders will be built for buyers. The gap will close on highly active planets and the difference in the buy order portion and /ah will not be to much as many people will want specific items.
    If you still don't get it I might have to make a vid for you explaining how stocks and crypto work heh. :)

15. X_MITO_X

X_MITO_X Active Member
    Emperor Martian

16. Kevin0808

Kevin0808 Well-Known Member
    Sahara II Ra Oak Pioneer

or just undo the the ah timer updates and set it to a week. I really don't understand what cosmic was thinking adding a timer to de-clutter the ah.... now dead planets show 3 items for sale...

if it stay up for a week then inactive planet could still us the AH, without complicated scripting to make buy orders.

17. CD001

CD001 Active Member
    Imperial Divergent